Turning your iPhone into a real instrument was our goal when we designed
Sounds of Christmas by mDecks Music.
We created a fun to play game where you must play and guess the song’s title by listening to your own performance.
Sounds of Christmas by mDecks Music includes more than 30 Christmas Songs and Sounds putting Christmas Caroling in the palm of your hand. Simply shake your phone to play an array of classic holiday songs and Christmas sounds! Entertain family and friends with a modern twist on traditional Christmas tunes.
You may play the guess-that-song game or use the app as a rhythmic & sight-reading trainer since every song is accompanied by a rhythm music score which you can print from your iPhone (or download from the mDecks website as a PDF Sounds of Christmas e-Book)
This is an ideal app for music teachers and, students trying to improve their sight-reading skills.
If your are a musician: challenge your sight reading with all-time Christmas classics.
If you are not a musician: this is your chance to learn how to read and play music in an intuitive way. This app will help you study and learn rhythms like no other.
Demo Video on YouTube
Teaser Video on YouTube
HOW TO PLAY
1. Choose if you are right-handed or left-handed then hit start.
2. You will have several pages to choose from; each contains a different task, sound and/or play-mode.
3. You can tap the “i” button in any page to get a picture of the iPhone-shaking technique for that particular page.
Page 1: “30 Rhythm Songs”
1. Choose any song using the slot-type picker. Songs are name by number (SONG#0, SONG#1, etc)
2. Hold your iPhone vertically on your writing hand (or the hand you’ve previously selected)
3. To play the next note just pretend you are hitting imaginary bells in front of you
4. Figure out the song’s title by listening to your own performance
5. If you want to play by reading the rhythm for the current song tap on the music icon. You may print the score for the current song or for all songs at once.
6. You may adjust the sensitivity of the iPhone to fit your playing style.
7. You may tap on the “mask” icon to reveal the title for the current song
Page 2 – 7: Sounds of Christmas
Page 2: “Jingle Bells”
An incredible realistic sounding Jingle Bells that respond to your movement. Spread your Christmas spirit and play it as long as you want 😉
Page 3: “Santa’s Sleigh”
Launch Santa’s Sleigh with your iPhone, Ho-Ho-Ho
Page 4: “Fireworks”
Shoot fireworks into the sky!
Page 5: “Snowballs”
Throw snowballs at your friends 🙂
Page 6: “Get to the Christmas Parade”
See if you can ice-skate long enough to reach the Christmas parade.
Page 7: “Find the Choir”
Walk on snow and find the Choir. What are they singing?
Page 8: “Get to Santa’s Workshop”
Ring the Church Bell until Santa opens his workshop.